Healing Hearts of Waukesha County, Inc. offers a grief peer-support program that provides a safe place for participants to emotionally heal. Participants walk through the stages of grief guided by trained volunteers and supported by others in a small group. The program is provided at no cost to the participants.
♥ Registration Information ♥
Spring 2018 Sessions
Offered in Waukesha and Oconomowoc
Who Children and teens ages 4 through 18 and significant adults in their lives. Spanish- speaking families are welcome. Free childcare is provided for children of adult participants who are younger than 4 years old.
When Monday Nights at 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM February 5, 2018 through April 30, 2018
Where First United Methodist Church 121 Wisconsin Avenue, Waukesha, WI 53186
When Thursday Nights at 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM February 1, 2018 through March 8, 2018
Where Good Shepherd United Methodist Church, 800 Lake Drive, Oconomowoc 53066
* A light meal is provided for all participants, starting at 5:30 PM. The group session begins at 6:00 PM
*Though these churches have graciously provided their facilities for our use, Healing Hearts is not a faith-based organization. We are a community-based organization.
Cost Free to all participants You may register by phone or email.
How Do I Register for any Session?
You may register by phone at (262-751-0874), email Healing Hearts at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send your registration to Healing Hearts, 121 Wisconsin Ave., Waukesha, WI 53186
Melissa Minkley (email@example.com), Program Director at 262-751-0874.
- 12 weekly, 75 minute sessions (at Waukesha)
- OR 6 weekly, 75 minute sessions (at Oconomowoc)
- A light meal is provided free of charge
- Small peer-groups
- Trained volunteer facilitators
- Non-judgmental, confidential setting
- Weekly themes
- Personal and confidential journals
- Games and activities
- Spanish materials
- Spanish materials (at Waukesha only)
- Spanish-English bilingual volunteers (Waukesha)
Monday, February 5, 2018 through Monday, April 30, 2018 (Waukesha)
Thursday, February 1, 2018 through Thursday, March 8, 2018 (Oconomowoc)
How has your child’s behavior changed that may have been influenced by participating in the Healing Hearts program?
- She talks more about her feelings.
- My son has a lot more confidence.
- My child talks more openly and uses words about feelings.
- She is more open about her feelings and what she is dealing with.
- My child has better listening skills.
What are some strengths of the Healing Hearts program?
- It gives you a way to talk with others going through similar circumstances.
- It is a safe place to talk and share feelings. It is very warm, comforting and loving.
- I value that I have a place to go where others openly love and accept my son.
- A place to take these feelings of grief and sadness in a world that usually doesn’t want to hear about them–It validates where I am now–going through grief.
- Kids are willing to talk about the feelings they are having.
- Volunteer leaders are excellent.
- Everyone is caring and kind. It has been really helpful to be able to have this time to talk with people in similar situations. Not everyone in the rest of your life knows what you are dealing with.