Healing Hearts of Waukesha County, Inc. offers a grief peer-support program that provides a safe place for participants to emotionally heal. Participants walk through the grief process guided by trained volunteers and supported by others in a small group. The program is provided at no cost to the participants.
Healing Hearts: A Safe Place
♥ Registration Information ♥
Offered in Oconomowoc and Waukesha
Children and teens ages 4 through 18 and significant adults in their lives. Spanish- speaking families are welcome at our Waukesha location. Free childcare is provided for children of adult participants who are younger than 4 years old.
Thursday nights in Oconomowoc at 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
SUMMER: June 20 through August 1, 2019 (no session July 4)
FALL: October 3 through November 7
SPRING 2020: March 5 through April 16 (no session on March 26)
Monday nights in Waukesha at 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
(Note: Summer Session is offered only in Oconomowoc)
FALL: September 23 through December 9
SPRING 2020: February 3 through April 27 (no session on March 23)
Good Shepherd United Methodist Church, 800 Lake Drive, Oconomowoc
First United Methodist Church, 121 Wisconsin Ave. Waukesha
* A light meal is provided for all participants, starting at 5:30 PM. The group session begins at 6:00 PM
*Though these churches have graciously provided their facilities for our use, Healing Hearts is not a faith-based organization. We are a community-based organization.
Free to all participants You may register by phone or email.
How Do I Register for any Session?
You may register by phone at (262-751-0874), email Healing Hearts at email@example.com, or send your registration to Healing Hearts, 121 Wisconsin Ave., Waukesha, WI 53186
Morgan Griffin (firstname.lastname@example.org), Program Director at 262-751-0874.
- 12 weekly, 75 minute sessions (at Waukesha)
- OR 6 weekly, 75 minute sessions (at Oconomowoc)
- A light meal is provided free of charge
- Small peer-groups
- Trained volunteer facilitators
- Non-judgmental, confidential setting
- Weekly themes
- Personal and confidential journals
- Games and activities
- Spanish materials (at Waukesha only)
- Spanish-English bilingual volunteers (Waukesha)
How has your child’s behavior changed that may have been influenced by participating in the Healing Hearts program?
- She talks more about her feelings.
- My son has a lot more confidence.
- My child talks more openly and uses words about feelings.
- She is more open about her feelings and what she is dealing with.
- My child has better listening skills.
What are some strengths of the Healing Hearts program?
- It gives you a way to talk with others going through similar circumstances.
- It is a safe place to talk and share feelings. It is very warm, comforting and loving.
- I value that I have a place to go where others openly love and accept my son.
- A place to take these feelings of grief and sadness in a world that usually doesn’t want to hear about them–It validates where I am now–going through grief.
- Kids are willing to talk about the feelings they are having.
- Volunteer leaders are excellent.
- Everyone is caring and kind. It has been really helpful to be able to have this time to talk with people in similar situations. Not everyone in the rest of your life knows what you are dealing with.