Healing Hearts depends on many hands to operate. Whether your interest is the role of a Volunteer Grief Facilitator or of a Special Events Coordinator, your participation is vital in making our program a success.
VOLUNTEER GRIEF FACILITATOR
Interests, Skills or Talents of a Grief Facilitator:
- Helping children and/or adults who are grieving
- Facilitating small groups of children or adults
- Listening and responding with an open heart and mind
- Guiding others in finding their own healthy coping strategies
Responsibilities of a Grief Facilitator
* Our facilitators work in pairs. There are always two facilitators with each group.
The small-group grief facilitators work with five to seven children or adults who are grieving the loss of a loved one. Using a prepared curriculum, they guide participants through the steps of emotional healing. Specific duties include:
- Attend Facilitator Training on Thursday, January 11 and Thursday, January 18
6:00 – 8:30 PM at Good Shepherd United Methodist Church, 800 Lakeview Dr., Oconomowoc 53066
- Attend Facilitator Orientation (6:00 PM – 8:00 PM) at the appropriate site Oconomowoc: Thursday, January 25 at Good Shepherd or
Waukesha: Monday, January 29 at First United Methodist Church
- Prepare for weekly, 75 minute small group meetings.
(15-20 minutes of planning each week).
- Attend volunteer orientation meeting.
- Prepare for 12 weekly, 75 minute small group meetings. (15-20 minutes of planning each week).
- Guide small group meetings.
- Attend weekly Facilitator Formation meetings at the end of each session. (15-30 minutes).
- Attend two in-service training events each year.
OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Other ways you can become involved through volunteering include:
- Assist with special events
- Organize supplies or assemble mailings
- Distribute brochures
- Provide childcare for children 3 years of age and younger whose parents are program participants.
If you are interested in registering for training or you have questions related to volunteering for the program, please contact Healing Hearts at email@example.com.