Healing Hearts of Waukesha County offers a grief peer-support program that provides a welcoming place for participants to emotionally heal.
Participants walk through the grief process guided by trained volunteers and supported by others in a small group, while they find understanding, connection, and support along the way.
There is no cost to participants!
- Small peer-groups
- Trained volunteer facilitators
- Non-judgmental, confidential setting
- Weekly themes
- Personal and confidential journals
- Games and activities
How has your child’s behavior changed that may have been influenced by participating in the Healing Hearts program?
- She talks more about her feelings.
- My son has a lot more confidence.
- My child talks more openly and uses words about feelings.
- She is more open about her feelings and what she is dealing with.
- My child has better listening skills.
What are some strengths of the Healing Hearts program?
- It gives you a way to talk with others going through similar circumstances.
- It is a safe place to talk and share feelings. It is very warm, comforting and loving.
- I value that I have a place to go where others openly love and accept my son.
- A place to take these feelings of grief and sadness in a world that usually doesn’t want to hear about them–It validates where I am now–going through grief.
- Kids are willing to talk about the feelings they are having.
- Volunteer leaders are excellent.
- Everyone is caring and kind. It has been really helpful to be able to have this time to talk with people in similar situations. Not everyone in the rest of your life knows what you are dealing with.